Monday, November 22, 2010

She Said/He Said

on 9/20/2010

Hi Rich,

I have been conditioning myself to providing closure. It is not as easy as I thought it was. I sent an email to him. It was unbelievably painful doing it. I cried so hard. Now, I know why some people just feel they've lost it all and commit suicide. The one thing I kept on repeating to myself as I was writing was - it's not the end of the world.

Rich, have you ever felt this way? kind of empty? So hollow, so sad. I'll be okay.

As far as serious and loving relationships go, I have always just wanted someone who would really be happy being with me and vice versa. I have not lost my faith in long distance relationships. But at some point, after being together for quite some time, I think one or the other has to spend a bit of time with the other.

I just googled about internet traffic and now I know a bit about it :) It does sound interesting. I like the fact that you love your job. A lot of people don't. I like mine. I just don't love it :) But I do take it seriously.

The Philippines is a 5th world country where 1 out of every 3 people are poor. As you know, the call center business has been booming offshore. Working in a company that can give double or triple the required basic pay has helped a lot of Filipinos, myself included. But we are only a minority. People need good communication skills to be in this business. I am lucky only because I grew up speaking English and started speaking in Tagalog when I was in college.

Being rich is not a qualification I look for. Men who say outright that they are are dubious characters. So you don't need to worry.

It is nice to know you are sensitive too. I am. I know when a person is happy, angry, irritated, afraid, or even doubtful by just observing body nuances, voice patterns, quickness of breath etc. It's taken years of observation for me to do that. And that is so lacking in a lot of people.

Filipinos are naturally shy people. Most will not tell you how they feel. As for me, it depends on the time, place and who I'm talking to. As you can tell now, I am quite at ease with you.

I do like the lyrics you sent from Celine Dion (yes, I am familiar with her and a whole lot of other singers like Justin Bieber...hahaha).

No one is always right. And it does take courage and grace to be humble enough to admit it.

What about my life and my world do you want to know? Can you tell me about yours too?

I'll probably be in the office around 4 pm my time as I have a deadline to meet. Plus, we will have some clients over.

-Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment